“What do you bring to the table?” This is a question that is fondly asked by recruiters interviewing potential employees. At Xetova, our employees are the table. They are the ones who drive the organization, and it’s they who come up with ground-breaking solutions that are changing Africa.
Take the parts of the body; for example, your knees and legs need to work together for you to walk. Similarly, Xetova employees collaborate to solve problems and provide solutions that drive the company forward. We believe that one can move mountains with the right technology and team. That is why we invest in bringing together the most talented minds in the tech world to produce the best results.
Importance of Building a People-Driven Organization
Organizations that focus on their employees and their missions are more successful than those that do not. This is because:
- Employees are the driving force behind revenue and success.
- They carry out your mission.
- They are the lifeblood of the company
- Ultimately, they are the solution providers.
At Xetova, all employees know they are a part of something larger than themselves. That’s why they put effort into their work. This combined motivation helps the company achieve its goals.
You can also create a welcoming and motivating workplace by focusing on employee satisfaction and well-being. This will lead to increased productivity and better results.
Remember that if you want your company to succeed, place your focus on your employees. They are the key to your success.
How To Build a People-Driven Company
As Bramuel Mwalo, Xetova’s founder, says, “Kindness is an important part of the business.” Employers should value their employees and treat them well because it leads to a productive workplace. There are many ways to build a people-driven company but focusing on a shared mission is the most important one.
“Entrepreneurs should focus on building a mission-driven company because this gives the employees purpose and makes them feel like they are part of something greater than themselves.” Bramuel Mwalo, founder of Xetova Limited.
Take our core values, for example. They unite each employee since everyone knows what is expected of them and the company’s direction.
Core Values At Xetova
- Responsibility– We follow through with our commitments without excuses or blaming others. Moreover, we think things through and make the best decisions based on our judgments.
- Relevance: Similarly, foster a culture of responsibility among your employees to ensure they focus on solutions, not excuses.
- Urgency– At Xetova, we prioritize impact over perfection and carry out tasks with deadlines in mind.
- Relevance: As you work towards a people-driven company, set timely deadlines to help you achieve your short and long-term goals.
- Trust– We can count on each other and treat others how we want them to treat us.
- Relevance: Likewise, place your trust in your employee’s ability to provide solutions and remember that happy employees make a successful company.
- Collaboration– We listen to and acknowledge other people’s feelings, concerns, opinions, and ideas. Moreover, we also celebrate diversity in all of its forms and strive to foster an inclusive workplace.
- Relevance: As a CEO or manager, ensure you are as inclusive as possible and pay attention to your employee’s needs.
- Humility- We proactively request feedback and ask for assistance when we need it. Additionally, we acknowledge and learn from our mistakes.
- Relevance: Encourage your employees, regardless of rank or position, to freely ask for assistance when needed.
Value Your Employees, and They Will Value You
Research has proven time and time again that employees who are treated well are more likely to be productive.
Employees who feel appreciated and valued are more likely to be productive and take pride in their work. This is because they are more likely to be motivated to do their best and to enjoy their work. Besides, if you don’t value your employees, they won’t value you, your company, or your customers.
Lastly, always remember that behind every successful company is a group of dedicated employees who work together to uphold its mission and meet the organization’s goals.
The People Behind the Promise
We are good at what we do because everyone is committed to learning and achieving personal and team goals. We value respect, collaboration, accountability, personal growth and development, reading approachability, and honesty. This is Xetova’s secret of success.