The application is open until Thursday, 23 February 2023 at 11.59 pm.
About the Front-end Developer Role
Xetova is looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya – hybrid
Department: Product & Technology
Reports to: Head of Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related technical field.
- 3+ years of directly relevant experience.
Successful Skills & Traits
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
Note: A UI/UX designer is expected to deliver finished resources for the developer to incorporate into the app. However, quite often a front-end web developer needs to make some small adjustments.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, e.g git.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
Major Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.